Monday, June 20, 2011

      I wake each morning to the pressing question, what fresh hell does life have in store for me today? As a  native New Yorker I work diligently to come to terms with reality that there is truly no place like home. It never ceases to amaze me just how uncivilized the rest of America is in comparison. Just the other day for example I had an appointment and had been given the address, so like the directionally challenged person that I am I program my trusty GPS. Well lo and  look , here in Dante's 4th circle of hell (Georgia) some genius person or committee has decided to re number the street, so while I sit in front of a building numbered 5595 a new sign for the "strip mall" displays a change of address and the new address is 5615. Now I ask you how the hell do you arbitrarily re number a street, with the only indicator being a strip mall sign? Further I made the unforgivable mistake of asking a police officer ( as a was outside of their house), for the address  I was looking for, he looks around as if  by doing so the answer would manifest out of thin air. Needless to say he was as useful as teats on a boar. With no help forthcoming from those who serve and protect ( only God knows how, They probably won't be able to find you) and no help from the merchant who seemed more lost than me. I had to use another modern convenience my cellphone to finally,get where I needed to be.

1 comment: